- Live the Beachy Life This Summer…Rent My Rustic-Modern East Hampton Retreat…Walk to Beach in 5 Minutes!
- Ongoing Philadelphia Renovation Still Ongoing
- London: Summing Up
- Two Days is Not Enough for Enchanting Edinburgh
- Old York, Old York
- The British Museum, Housing the World’s Treasures for Us All
- London: Victorian Holland Park, Preserved in Amber
- London: Sunday Sail to Greenwich
- London: A Dickensian Day with Pubs Aplenty
- A Sunny, Art-full Day in London Town
Top Posts (Last 48 Hours)
- GARDEN VOYEUR: The Barefoot Contessa's Garden
- A Trace of Breukelen
- Scouting Sag Harbor
- Re-Painted Lady?
- 1720s Connecticut Colonial 160K
- Ornamental Edibles
- The Best Housewarming Gift
- BROWNSTONE VOYEUR: In Prospect-Lefferts, the Unexpected
- Live the Beachy Life This Summer...Rent My Rustic-Modern East Hampton Retreat...Walk to Beach in 5 Minutes!
EXPLORE by clicking on any of the tags below19th century Amagansett annuals antiques architecture Art Deco Atlantic Avenue barn beach cottage beach house Benjamin Moore Boerum Hill boxwoods Bridgehampton BROOKLYN Brooklyn Botanic Garden Brooklyn Heights brownstone Brownstoner brownstones bungalow Carroll Gardens CATSKILLS cedar-shingled cedar shingles Clinton Hill Cobble Hill Colonial Columbia County compost cottage cottage garden cottages daffodils deck decorating deer deer-resistant deer fence driveway East End East Hampton farmhouse ferns Fishtown for rent for sale Fort Greene front porch furniture garden Gardiner's Bay Gowanus Greek Revival Greenport Hamptons Hamptons Cottages & Gardens house for sale Hudson River HUDSON VALLEY Italianate Jackson Pollock Kensington LONG ISLAND Maidstone beach Maidstone Park Maui Mexico mid-century modern Montauk NEW YORK CITY Northern Liberties North Fork Open Days outdoor shower Park Slope perennials PHILADELPHIA pied a terre Prospect Heights Queen Village REAL ESTATE Red Hook renovation rental rhododendrons row house row houses rustic Sag Harbor Shelter Island Southampton Springs townhouse Victorian vintage Williamsburg window boxes wisteria yard sales
- coppermaven on Live the Beachy Life This Summer…Rent My Rustic-Modern East Hampton Retreat…Walk to Beach in 5 Minutes!
- Jenny M on Ongoing Philadelphia Renovation Still Ongoing
- debsgarden on Ongoing Philadelphia Renovation Still Ongoing
- Guy on Ongoing Philadelphia Renovation Still Ongoing
- Julia Mack on Ongoing Philadelphia Renovation Still Ongoing
- cara on Ongoing Philadelphia Renovation Still Ongoing
- Sharon Slocum on Ongoing Philadelphia Renovation Still Ongoing
- Priscilla Lynch on Ongoing Philadelphia Renovation Still Ongoing
- BSPANTON@aol.com on Ongoing Philadelphia Renovation Still Ongoing
- Marianne on Ongoing Philadelphia Renovation Still Ongoing
- 1,053,513 views
Tag Archives: Williamsburg
GREAT, RAW, OPEN SPACE, hefty wood columns and white brick walls make up this quintessential urban loft, converted to a home for two by Ensemble Architects of Brooklyn. Read all about it in my weekly column, The Insider, on Brownstoner.com.
WILLIAMSBURG IS A NEIGHBORHOOD I’ve never known well, even after 37 years in Brooklyn. I know it slightly better now, after a few hours spent wandering its streets with a friend who moved there recently and scoped out some intriguing … Continue reading
AS THE OLD YEAR CAME TO A CLOSE, I said goodbye to my beloved East Hampton cottage — at least for a year, perhaps forever. Yet as I drove away on December 15, leaving it to my new renters — … Continue reading
MY LAST GARDEN COLUMN TODAY for Brownstoner, and I wanted to go out with a bang. It’s a spectacular 4,000-square-foot rooftop woodland/meadow, all in containers, by garden designer Rebecca Cole. You must see this…and you can, right here.
NO BROWNSTONE today on Brownstoner — instead, a Mondrian-esque apartment in a modern Williamsburg loft building, designed (and occupied) by Brooklyn-based Christopher Coleman. Go here for the whole scoop.
FRONT YARDS, BACKYARDS, ROOFTOPS, DECKS…whatever outdoor space a Brooklyn homeowner or renter can stake out…all are fair game for my new weekly column for the Brooklyn real-estate website Brownstoner.com. The Outsider debuts today, Sunday, April 22, and will run every … Continue reading
TODAY, THE INSIDER, my weekly interiors/renovation column on Brownstoner.com, spotlights a relatively low-budget project, though I dare not use that term for fear of stirring up those (like myself, actually) who consider a quarter million dollars far from low-budget. “Low-budget” … Continue reading