- Tough Life: A Week in the Yucatan
- Live the Beachy Life This Summer…Rent My Rustic-Modern East Hampton Retreat!
- Ongoing Philadelphia Renovation Still Ongoing
- London: Summing Up
- Two Days is Not Enough for Enchanting Edinburgh
- Old York, Old York
- The British Museum, Housing the World’s Treasures for Us All
- London: Victorian Holland Park, Preserved in Amber
- London: Sunday Sail to Greenwich
- London: A Dickensian Day with Pubs Aplenty
Top Posts (Last 48 Hours)
EXPLORE by clicking on any of the tags below19th century Amagansett annuals antiques architecture Art Deco Atlantic Avenue barn beach cottage beach house Benjamin Moore Boerum Hill boxwoods Bridgehampton BROOKLYN Brooklyn Botanic Garden Brooklyn Heights brownstone Brownstoner brownstones bungalow Carroll Gardens CATSKILLS cedar-shingled cedar shingles Clinton Hill Cobble Hill Colonial Columbia County compost cottage cottage garden cottages daffodils deck decorating deer deer-resistant deer fence driveway East End East Hampton farmhouse ferns Fishtown for rent for sale Fort Greene front porch furniture garden Gardiner's Bay Gowanus Greek Revival Greenport Hamptons Hamptons Cottages & Gardens house for sale Hudson River HUDSON VALLEY Italianate Jackson Pollock Kensington LONG ISLAND Maidstone beach Maidstone Park Maui Mexico mid-century modern Montauk NEW YORK CITY Northern Liberties North Fork Open Days outdoor shower Park Slope perennials PHILADELPHIA pied a terre Prospect Heights Queen Village REAL ESTATE Red Hook renovation rental rhododendrons row house row houses rustic Sag Harbor Shelter Island Southampton Springs townhouse Victorian vintage Williamsburg window boxes wisteria yard sales
- coppermaven on Tough Life: A Week in the Yucatan
- Diana on Tough Life: A Week in the Yucatan
- Julia Mack on Tough Life: A Week in the Yucatan
- melanie charnas on Tough Life: A Week in the Yucatan
- coppermaven on Live the Beachy Life This Summer…Rent My Rustic-Modern East Hampton Retreat!
- Jenny M on Ongoing Philadelphia Renovation Still Ongoing
- debsgarden on Ongoing Philadelphia Renovation Still Ongoing
- Guy on Ongoing Philadelphia Renovation Still Ongoing
- Julia Mack on Ongoing Philadelphia Renovation Still Ongoing
- cara on Ongoing Philadelphia Renovation Still Ongoing
- 1,054,775 views
Tag Archives: garden
UPDATE: It’s rented!:-) ASK MY KIDS, they’ll tell you: Cobble Hill, Brooklyn, is a great place to grow up. Especially on Verandah Place, the most coveted block in perhaps the most charming neighborhood in brownstone Brooklyn. It’s a row of … Continue reading
THE BRITISH UPPER CLASSES and Russian aristocracy, in search of sun, made the city of Nice, on France’s Mediterranean coast, their winter playground in the late 19th century. Most of the city’s pale or pastel-colored buildings date from that Belle Époque … Continue reading
EVERYONE SEEMS TO HAVE LOVED The Outsider last Sunday (41 comments!) It’s one a member of the Brownstoner community sent in — simple, family-friendly, and on a shoestring budget. To take a look at the befores and afters, go here.
THIS PRACTICALLY ZERO-BUDGET vegetable garden was created in a neglected Brooklyn lot this spring by resourceful architect Andrea Solk and friends. Everything was salvaged and improvised; most veggies were started from seed. Read all about it on Brownstoner today.
I WAS VERY CONTENT in my Prospect Heights pied-a-terre this past winter and felt I had made the right move in taking the Brooklyn apartment. But when I went out to Springs, which I did occasionally from November through March, … Continue reading