- Live the Beachy Life This Summer…Rent My Rustic-Modern East Hampton Retreat…Walk to Beach in 5 Minutes!
- Ongoing Philadelphia Renovation Still Ongoing
- London: Summing Up
- Two Days is Not Enough for Enchanting Edinburgh
- Old York, Old York
- The British Museum, Housing the World’s Treasures for Us All
- London: Victorian Holland Park, Preserved in Amber
- London: Sunday Sail to Greenwich
- London: A Dickensian Day with Pubs Aplenty
- A Sunny, Art-full Day in London Town
Top Posts (Last 48 Hours)
- Live the Beachy Life This Summer...Rent My Rustic-Modern East Hampton Retreat...Walk to Beach in 5 Minutes!
- Philadelphia: Walking in Southwark
- BOOK REVIEW: A Very Modest Cottage
- The Best Housewarming Gift
- Gambrel-Roof Greenport Cottage 325K
- MY BOOKS
- Ornamental Edibles
- Re-Painted Lady?
EXPLORE by clicking on any of the tags below19th century Amagansett annuals antiques architecture Art Deco Atlantic Avenue barn beach cottage beach house Benjamin Moore Boerum Hill boxwoods Bridgehampton BROOKLYN Brooklyn Botanic Garden Brooklyn Heights brownstone Brownstoner brownstones bungalow Carroll Gardens CATSKILLS cedar-shingled cedar shingles Clinton Hill Cobble Hill Colonial Columbia County compost cottage cottage garden cottages daffodils deck decorating deer deer-resistant deer fence driveway East End East Hampton farmhouse ferns Fishtown for rent for sale Fort Greene front porch furniture garden Gardiner's Bay Gowanus Greek Revival Greenport Hamptons Hamptons Cottages & Gardens house for sale Hudson River HUDSON VALLEY Italianate Jackson Pollock Kensington LONG ISLAND Maidstone beach Maidstone Park Maui Mexico mid-century modern Montauk NEW YORK CITY Northern Liberties North Fork Open Days outdoor shower Park Slope perennials PHILADELPHIA pied a terre Prospect Heights Queen Village REAL ESTATE Red Hook renovation rental rhododendrons row house row houses rustic Sag Harbor Shelter Island Southampton Springs townhouse Victorian vintage Williamsburg window boxes wisteria yard sales
- coppermaven on Live the Beachy Life This Summer…Rent My Rustic-Modern East Hampton Retreat…Walk to Beach in 5 Minutes!
- Jenny M on Ongoing Philadelphia Renovation Still Ongoing
- debsgarden on Ongoing Philadelphia Renovation Still Ongoing
- Guy on Ongoing Philadelphia Renovation Still Ongoing
- Julia Mack on Ongoing Philadelphia Renovation Still Ongoing
- cara on Ongoing Philadelphia Renovation Still Ongoing
- Sharon Slocum on Ongoing Philadelphia Renovation Still Ongoing
- Priscilla Lynch on Ongoing Philadelphia Renovation Still Ongoing
- BSPANTON@aol.com on Ongoing Philadelphia Renovation Still Ongoing
- Marianne on Ongoing Philadelphia Renovation Still Ongoing
- 1,053,477 views
Tag Archives: beach cottage
Live the Beachy Life This Summer…Rent My Rustic-Modern East Hampton Retreat…Walk to Beach in 5 Minutes!
IT’S HIGH TIME to square away plans for renting a place at the beach for July and August, or part thereof. I can help you with that. My rustic-modern retreat in Springs (East Hampton), Long Island, a 5-minute walk from stunning Maidstone … Continue reading
SPEND A WEEK OR FOUR this August living the beachy life in my idyllic modern rustic/Bohemian chic summer house in East Hampton (Springs), N.Y. Built in the 1940s as a fishing bungalow, with a c.1970 addition, the house is 1,400 square feet … Continue reading
GUEST CABIN, SHE SHED, WRITING ROOM, LOVE SHACK…whatever it’s called, it’s the latest project to be (nearly) completed at my Long Island, N.Y., beach house, and I think it turned out pretty cute. Here’s what the 14’x17′ cedar structure looked … Continue reading
UPDATE 6/11/15: July is spoken for. Looking for a Bohemian idyll à la Jackson Pollock and friends, mere meters from the water? Located in Springs (East Hampton), a five-minute walk from uncrowded, miles-long Maidstone Beach and a short distance from … Continue reading
STEPS — NO, REALLY — STEPS TO BEACH. Lots of real estate listings say it. In this case, it’s true. This is the third house in from the water at Maidstone Beach, East Hampton, below, a long sandy crescent on … Continue reading
VINTAGE BEACH BUNGALOWS in New York City. Yes, they still exist, though in numbers much smaller than they used to, and on only two blocks in any significant concentration: Beach 24th and 25th Streets in Far Rockaway, in the distant … Continue reading