UPDATE: The house has been rented for the full 2017 summer season.
IT’S HIGH TIME to square away plans for renting a place at the beach for July and August, or part thereof.
I can help you with that. My rustic-modern retreat in Springs (East Hampton), Long Island, a 5-minute walk from stunning Maidstone Beach — is available for rent in July and/or August.
It’s pretty idyllic.
Built in the 1940s as a fishing bungalow, with a later addition and a separate guest cottage, the house is 1,400 square feet on a private, landscaped half-acre, with a great big wood deck for lounging and dining, and a glorious outdoor shower right out the back door.
Share the place if you want — it can work for two couples with a total of two or maybe three kids.
The house sleeps 6, officially — there’s a master bedroom with comfortable queen bed; a second bedroom with two twins; as well as a separate 14’x17′ guest cabin with double bed and space for additional cot or crib (bathroom is in the main house).
There are two showers, one indoors and one out, and plenty of room to spread out — there’s a dining/sitting room with fireplace, in addition to a great room with two comfy sofas, and a home office with a partner desk, if you must work.
Live like Jackson Pollack and Lee Krasner (whose home and studio is a mile away) in the 1940s… no air-conditioning, no dishwasher.. but good Wi-Fi and fans in each room. (*TV and DVD player on request)
- Swim, kayak, paddleboard at unspoiled, never-crowded Maidstone Beach on a miles-long crescent of sand just down the road
- Walk the scenic ‘loop’ through Maidstone Park, or along nearby Gerard Drive with Gardiner’s Bay on one side and Accabonac Harbor on the other
- See egrets, ospreys, wild turkeys (no deer on my property, though — it’s fenced!)
- Nap or read on the deck, watch the sun set over the jetty, picnic at Louse Point, make bonfires on the beach (legal!) or in my fire pit, shower outdoors, grill on the brick patio, hang out on the porch at the local landmark Springs General Store
- Surf or swim in the ocean at Amagansett (10 minutes by car) or Montauk (25 mins.)
- Shop for local produce at farm stands and weekly greenmarkets
- Check out the always-promising yard sales and thrift stores. Designer shopping too.
- Art shows and galleries, live performance at Guild Hall, music at Stephen Talkhouse, historic house tours
- Garden tours + garden visits at LongHouse Reserve, Madoo, Bridge Gardens
- Restaurants and bars galore
- Explore nearby Sag Harbor (20 minutes), Shelter Island (30), North Fork, Block Island (day trip)
Sound good? It is good! I’m opening the house for the season in the next couple of weeks. Let me show you around.
Contact me for more info, including rental rate: caramia447 [at] gmail [dot] com
This is what awaits at the end of the day, at the end of the street:
Contact me for more info: caramia447 [at] gmail [dot] com