WANT TO RENT my bright and comfortable 1940s cedar-shingled cottage in Springs, N.Y. (5 miles north of East Hampton village) August 1-31? It’s on a landscaped half-acre with a view into peaceful woods from the back deck.
The house is half a mile – a 10 minute walk, 5 minute bike ride, or 2 minute drive –from the beautiful, unspoiled, never-crowded Maidstone Beach on Gardiner’s Bay.
– 2BR (one full bed, two twins), 1 bath
– High ceilings, skylights, screened porch, huge deck, best outdoor shower ever
– ½ mile to Maidstone Beach, 1 mile to Louse Point (another spectacular beach on Accabonac Harbor). Superb swimming, kayaking, paddleboarding, etc.
– 5 miles to ocean beaches at East Hampton and Amagansett
-Under 1 mile to Springs Historic District, including Jackson Pollock-Lee Krasner House and Springs General Store
– 10 minutes East Hampton Village, 10 minutes Amagansett, 20 minutes Sag Harbor, 25 minutes Montauk (restaurants, bars, stores, art galleries, historic houses, movies, etc.)
– 2-1/4 hours from NYC, barring traffic
– Washer-dryer in basement
– Flat-screen TV, DVD player, Wi-Fi, printer, iPod dock
– A/C in living room, ceiling fans in LR and MBR
– $7,000 August 1-31
To see more photos, go here. Email email@example.com if interested in renting, or for more information. Thanks!