The house is rented through December 2013.
HOW WOULD YOU LIKE TO RENT my bright and comfortable 1940s cedar-shingled cottage in Springs, N.Y. (5 miles north of East Hampton village)? It’s on a landscaped half-acre with a view into peaceful woods from the back deck.
The house is half a mile (a 10 minute walk, 5 minute bike ride, 2 minute drive) from beautiful, unspoiled, never-crowded Maidstone Beach on Gardiner’s Bay.
The cottage has:
- 2BR (one full bed, two twins), 1 bath
- High ceilings, skylights, screened porch, huge deck, best outdoor shower ever
- ½ mile to Maidstone Beach, 1 mile to Louse Point (another spectacular beach on Accabonac Harbor). Superb swimming, kayaking, paddleboarding, etc.
- 5 miles to ocean beaches at East Hampton and Amagansett
-Under 1 mile to Springs Historic District, including Jackson Pollock-Lee Krasner House and Springs General Store
- 10 minutes East Hampton Village, 10 minutes Amagansett, 20 minutes Sag Harbor, 25 minutes Montauk (restaurants, bars, stores, art galleries, historic houses, movies, etc.)
- 2-1/4 hours from NYC, barring traffic
- Washer-dryer in basement
- Flat-screen TV, DVD player, Wi-Fi, printer, iPod dock
- A/C in living room, ceiling fans in LR and MBR
- $8,000 August 1-31
Interested? Email email@example.com. Thanks!
For more photos, including the interior of the house: SPRINGS Summer Rental, a set on Flickr.